Saturday, February 19, 2011

Happy Happy Day

It is hard to imagine that something as simple as two little photos can bring such joy, but I tell you when Heather got an e-mail Friday with two new pictures of Lilly, this was one happy Mammy.  I'm not sure who was the most thrilled in the whole family.

Heather had asked for an update on Lilly in January.  When nothing had come to her in early February, she had given up hope that she would get any news on her until after Chinese New Year ended on the 17th.  On Wednesday, she received an update, but no pictures.  While it was great to get new heights and weights, we really wanted to see new pictures.

So on Friday morning she called Randy and I and told us to check my e-mail.  Don't you know just when you are so excited, the download is sooooo slllowww.  Finally there she was, smiling up at us with her doll in one hand and her family photo album in the other.

Just look at that sweet little face.  I think I see Walker's impish grin.  I've analyzed this picture over and over.  I keep looking, hoping each time I'll see something new.  Gene Crews and I think she might have dimples.  What do you think?  She has on a pink jacket with some type of over sleeve on her lower arm, a black scarf with red embroidery and red and black boots or shoes.  We were so happy to see that her hair has not been cut.  The little doll is a gift from Barbara Davis, from Heaven to Seven.  The photo album has pictures of all of us with a Chinese translation of our names with each photo.  What a relief to know she received her package from home.

We are still waiting for our travel approval.  Please pray that it comes in the next week or so.  Right now our tentative travel date is April 7th.  In December that seemed so far away, but now it is only 6 weeks away.  We are so focused on that date, that if we get a delay now we will all be crushed.  I'll post more soon on our travel plans.  For now just enjoy with us the smiling doll....

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Donna, I just sat here and cried for the past 15 minutes while reading your blog from start to your update tonight. I am so happy for your sweet family. I can't wait to see all of you together. with much love, Christy

    ReplyDelete